
The first ever Love Does Stuff conference was on May 17 and 18. Love Does is a book written by Bob Goff about an ordinary man doing extraordinary things. I didn't know what to expect but I read the book and loved it so I said why not go.My hotel was three and a half miles away from the convention center and since I'm cheap I walked it instead of taking a cab. My legs made it clear that they weren't happy with that decision about a mile but It was nice to take in the city of Tacoma.
A little over an hour later I arrived and was nervous as all get out. People everywhere and I didn't know a one of them but that was okay because I knew we were all there for the same reason, to do love! I figured if I came this far I might as well get front row seats right? So I did. Both days in fact and to the David Crowder concert.
I met some of the coolest people including but not limited to Bob Goff, Don Miller, Kid President, Jeff Bethke, Randy Siever, David Crowder etc.
I met people from all over the country. Some just wanted to meet Bob and be apart of his first conference, but others just wanted a new beginning. I think behind the scenes that's what I wanted too. A new start. A new beginning. Something to slow me down and make me realize that life isn't a race to the finish line and that it's not all about work, school, and traveling. For a few days I had the opportunity to put all that out of my head and focus on what God has planed for my life.
It reminded me of youth group, but with over 1000 people. Just people being goofy and having fun and just soaking in Gods love. Bob Had everyone sign six or so tables out in the lobby.
He asked us to add bible quotes, love sayings, or something inviting peace.
He then cut them in half and is sending them the two opposing countries. His saying is "Don't get people to come to the table; make them bring the table..." Encouraging them the resolve the conflict between them.







No comments:
Post a Comment